Friday 24 July 2015

Day 1 St Jean PdP to Roncesvalles

Woke up about 0545 and got ready before breakfast. Filled up with water and started to walk about 0715. It was very hard work. The temperature was only about 20 degrees, but it was very close, and almost immediately I start to sweat profusely! Over the first 8km up to Orrison I drank about 2 litres of water.
Had a coffee and tortilla at Orisson and filled with water again, and then started back on the uphill slog
Remained very hard for the next 2 or 3 hours
..again drinking lots of water I was perspiring. As I climbed higher, a pleasant breeze developed which made things more comfortable.
Eventually made it to the highest part of the climb. Checked my feet...had a small blister on the side of my big toe. Taped it up and then started the descent into Roncesvalles via the longer road route ad I didn't want to risk turning am ankle on the forest route.
Checked in ay the albergue, showered and washed my clothes. Then the pilgrims' menu at a local restaurant.
km walked today: 30
Money spent today: €28








No comments:

Post a Comment