Wednesday 22 July 2015

OMG - I'm leaving tomorrow!!

Hello,
It's been a while since I posted anything on here; life (ie work) has gotten in the way of most of my plans for getting ready for the Camino. The last time I walked any real distance was back at Easter. Notwithstanding that, tomorrow (Thursday 23rd) I'll be getting up at about 04:45 and making my way down to St Pancras International to catch the Eurostar to Paris Gard du Nord; from there I'll cross Paris to Montparnasse to connect with the TGV to Bayonne and then onto St Jean. The whole trip will take about twelve and a half hours.

My bag is all packed and weighs in at 9.5 kg without water & food; my from skin out weight is about 12.5kg. This is a bit more than I was hoping for - a couple of days ago it looked like I was going to manage about 8kg in the rucksack - but less than the maximum I envisioned.

Anyway, I'm going to get some Zzzzzzzz in now. I'll be trying to post at the end of each day between now and the end of my 500 mile wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment